29.7.17

want.

To open my windows and doors, 

It is with you. 

To allow in the light. 

To be seen. 

by you.

I want to show you everything in my house. 

To guide your hand over my memories. 

with my hands. 

I want to cloak you in warm blankets,

of love. 

with my arms around. small as they are but sturdy and strong. 

I want to sit you at my table. 

To nourish and care for you, 

For us to feel our deepest joy. 

and heal our deepest pains.

I want to sit quietly in the dark corners, 

and acknowledge the ghosts so they might finally find peace. 

I want to find a soft place to lay down, 

to find rapture in enclosing your skin with mine. 

To show you all of the corners where the little things happen. 

And, 

To push back the tables and chairs 


and allow space for big things to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment